How to register a new domain name
In order to register a domain name, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Go to our Domain Registration Store.
- Insert the name of the domain you wish to register and select the desired TLD from the drop-down menu.
- Click Check Domain to see if your preferred version is available. You’ll also see a list with similar domain names and their registration fees.
- Tick the check-box for all the versions you would like to register, select the registration period and click Continue to Next Step.
- Sign in or Register a new account by filling in your details.
- Configure your domain(s)
- Whois Privacy
- for non-.uk domains you have the option to enable Whois Privacy for £4.95 per year (UK based subscriptions) or $7.95 per year (US/Singapore subscriptions) by ticking the check-box.
- for .uk domains Whois Privacy is free and it is enabled by default at the domain registration. Domain owners that wish their data to be published in the WHOIS will need to contact Nominet for assistance.
- Define the domain name servers – you can select between our default dns1/2/3.transnexis.net DNS cluster or custom name servers.
- If you’re uncertain what DNS records to use for your domain, you might want to take a look at our KB article explaining the main differences between the various DNS options: Setting up DNS for your domains.
- Fill in the Domain Registrant contact details.
- Whois Privacy
- Click Continue to Next Step to verify the order.
- If everything is okay, click Place Order and follow the wizard to submit the payment and complete the order.
Now you can manage your newly registered domain(s) from the “All My Domains” section inside your Layershift Customer Control Panel.
Need More Help?
If you're still having problems, get in touch with our 24/7 support team! We'll be more than happy to help.